11:11 Systems is an organization built on a unique concept: the time of day when everything is aligned and working in perfect unison. This construct, known as synchronicity, serves as the foundation for our mission to provide customers with cloud, connectivity, and security solutions that are always running, accessible, and protected.
At 11:11 Systems, the day-one focus has been on both organic and inorganic growth, intended to provide quick and sustainable expansion and development. A recent “What is 11:11 Systems?” webinar touched on this strategy — but it didn’t stop there.
During the webinar, we discussed the benefits of 11:11 Systems, and how we can help companies increase their efficiency and security. We highlighted our customizable software solutions, which are designed to maximize customer satisfaction, reduce operating costs, and enable quicker response times to customer inquiries. It also hit on our commitment to customer service, and how our team of experts provide comprehensive support and consultation services designed to ensure that customers are getting the most out of their software solutions.
In this post, we’ll recap the webinar for those who couldn’t attend, outlining the key messages, main takeaways, and how 11:11 Systems is well-positioned for the future.
The growing 11:11 Systems family
11:11 Systems has made several major strategic acquisitions over the past year.
These acquisitions have allowed us to expand our geographic footprint, help define or grow our solution set, and ensure customers get the best suite of products and services possible. Most importantly, they helped us bring in best-in-class talent that will take the business to the next level.
The acquisitions, as well their services and benefits, include:
- Green Cloud Defense (December 2021)
- Services: cloud, security, and managed services
- Benefits: strong bench of industry veterans
- iland (December 2021)
- Services: cloud, backup, and disaster recovery
- Benefits: global data center footprint and industry leader in disaster recovery
- Cleareon Fiber Networks (April 2022)
- Services: connectivity
- Benefits: Existing carrier relationships with companies like ATT, Lumen, and GTT
- Unitas Global (May 2022)
- Services: connectivity
- Benefits: colocation facilities to deploy connectivity hubs
- Static1 (July 2022)
- Services: connectivity and managed services
- Benefits: Expertise in connectivity and key industry verticals, including media and entertainment
- Sungard Availability Services (October 2022)
- Services: cloud managed services and recovery services
- Benefits: global product offerings, including AWS and Azure migration/recovery services; market leadership in disaster recovery (services)
All of these acquisitions have played a major part in establishing 11:11 Systems as a global leader and innovator in cloud, connectivity, and security.
Our platform — and its overarching mission
When it comes to the 11:11 Systems platform, the mission is simple: One platform that ensures customer apps and data are always running, accessible, and protected.
This objective is captured in three core pillars:
- Cloud. High-performance virtual server infrastructure solutions consisting of cloud, cloud backup, disaster recovery, virtual desktop, and object storage.
- Connectivity. Full suite of efficient, dynamic, and cost-effective managed network services, including wide area networks, data infrastructure, and internet access solutions.
- Security. Industry-leading managed security applications, including firewall, EDR, SIEM, and Continuous Risk Scanning.
We also provide professional services to support our core pillars that deliver complete network design, configuration, and deployment, no matter where you are in your digital transformation.
The products and solutions within each of these pillars are vast and advanced.
Cloud services to protect and recover — like backup as a service (BaaS), Microsoft 365 backup, disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), and object storage — and innovate — like infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and LabEngine. Managed connectivity that’s broken down into four main categories— wide area network, network infrastructure, internet access, and professional services — and security that’s mapped to the NIST cybersecurity framework, which consists of identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover.
All these work together to holistically address your company’s most urgent cloud, connectivity, and security concerns, both today and in the future.
Looking ahead to 2023 and beyond
11:11 Systems’ goal is to be able to meet our customers and partners wherever they are in their cloud journey and to help them become more cyber resilient. This happens by continuing to invest in our current relationships while taking advantage of exciting new opportunities when they arise.
One example of this: as operating environments become more complex and companies leverage software as a service (SaaS) solutions, public cloud, and hyperscale cloud infrastructures, we can expand beyond our traditional VMware base to include hyperscale relationships.
11:11 Systems strives to incorporate the best-of-breed technologies on all three pillars. By broadening our expertise, driving more and more management capabilities further up the stack, and listening closely to the needs of our customers and partners, we will continue to work tirelessly to offer a platform that ensures organizations can effectively run their businesses today with IT and infrastructure built for tomorrow.