Knowing your vulnerabilities is the first step to a more protected infrastructure.
It is all too common that organizations receive 10,000 or more security alerts on a daily basis. In fact, 51% of organizations report that they receive security alerts in these staggering numbers. On average, over 55 new vulnerabilities are discovered daily. With limited IT and cybersecurity resources, often these alerts just increase noise for IT teams. Which alerts are critical or pose a business risk? It’s difficult when staff doesn’t know the answer — or worse yet, never prioritizes alerts that are critical.
Research has found that regardless of an organization’s size, only 15% of vulnerabilities can be remediated, leaving 85% of vulnerabilities overlooked. This poses an enormous security risk to any organization that does not have in place a robust security strategy with tools that can identify and detect these vulnerabilities.
However, all is not lost with a proper cybersecurity strategy. Research also found that of the numerous alerts and vulnerabilities, only 4% pose a real risk requiring immediate attention. Customizing and prioritizing vulnerability alerts will allow organizations to focus their efforts on the 4%. When customers have accurate insight and knowledge of which vulnerabilities put them at risk, they can take action on those that pose the most critical business impact.
This is where 11:11 Systems can immediately help. 11:11 Systems has expanded its Managed Security Services portfolio with a new single-use vulnerability scan in its Catalyst assessment tool. Catalyst is a lightweight, no-cost cloud assessment application that 11:11 customers and partners can use. It allows users to assess their cloud storage needs and do a free-of-charge, one-time vulnerability scan of their Internet-facing infrastructure to assess their external risk from cyber threats. This tool can also help partners demonstrate the value of 11:11 Continuous Risk Scanning to their prospects and clients.
11:11 Catalyst is a simple, no-commitment tool that partners and customers can use to assess vulnerability as well as cloud storage consumption requirements. It provides a vulnerability report that can be the starting point for a deeper conversation about cyber security. This report will provide an actionable analysis of the scanned systems, but only a part of the full analysis provided by 11:11 Continuous Risk Scanning.
For complete vulnerability scanning, 11:11 Continuous Risk Scanning is a SaaS offering that includes vulnerability analysis and correlation, risk scoring and prioritization, vulnerability management to address environmental changes, internal and agent-based scanning, and on-premises, multi-cloud, and remote application monitoring. Of course, regular scanning is critical as new vulnerabilities are always occurring and evolving. A one-time scan only informs your risk today. Ongoing scanning reduces that risk by discovering new and evolving vulnerabilities.
Key features in 11:11 Continuous Risk Scanning
- Identify new and emerging threats in real-time.
- Focus on the vulnerabilities that matter most
- Resolve quickly with actionable insight and remediation guidance
For more information about 11:11 Catalyst and the new vulnerability scan please visit: https://1111systems.com/why-1111/planning-assessment/
Or visit the 11:11 Success Center: https://success.1111systems.com/docs/catalyst/run-vulnerability-scan-in-catalyst