Realising the importance of IT Resiliency, the company has positioned itself at the forefront of cloud innovation, leveraging iland’s IaaS with cloud-to-cloud DR and DRaaS for on-premises servers
London – 20 September, 2017 – iland, an award-winning global cloud services provider, today announced that Navigator Gas has joined the many other companies adopting its secure cloud infrastructure to achieve cost savings, leverage cloud scalability and ensure business continuity. In order to maintain its leading position in the oil and gas industry, Navigator Gas has positioned itself at the forefront of cloud innovation, using iland’s IaaS with cloud-to-cloud DR between data centres in London and Manchester and DRaaS for on-premises servers as a competitive differentiator.
As cloud adoption continues apace across EMEA, companies in even traditionally conservative sectors, such as oil and gas, are realising the agility, cost savings and security benefits of cloud services. Navigator Gas’ move not only reflects the growing trend towards DRaaS adoption, but also the increased focus on cloud security as companies aim to protect themselves against cyber threats, human error, natural disasters and other business threats, while maintaining compliance.
As owner of the world’s largest fleet of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) vessels – having experienced significant growth over recent years – Navigator Gas got to the point where compute and storage requirements exceeded available on-premises capacity. With a set of key requirements in mind, Navigator Gas turned to iland to implement a secure and reliable cloud-based solution in order to leverage the on-demand scalability of the cloud and achieve IT Resiliency.
iland’s secure cloud infrastructure provides Navigator Gas with tangible business benefits that include:
- The avoidance of additional CAPEX investment while retaining use of existing on-premises servers
- A highly flexible, scalable and secure cloud environment that is no longer dependent on a fixed server environment.
- All workloads – cloud and on premises –are now protected by a hybrid cloud DRaaS solution, previously it had no DR strategy in place
- Vulnerability scanning that meets application security requirements
Navigator Gas hosts applications essential to daily operations including safety management software and the procurement management system in the iland Secure Cloud. Therefore, the ability to scale up and down at will is a huge benefit. Using the intuitive iland cloud console, Navigator Gas’ cloud environment can be scaled in a matter of minutes.
The advanced security features of the iland cloud help Navigator Gas ensure that workloads and data entrusted with iland are safe. Further security assurance comes from the iland management console which enables security reports to be quickly downloaded to show how to address any vulnerabilities.
Simon Brooker, Group IT Manager at Navigator Gas explains; “We have achieved on demand, secure scalability and IT resiliency with iland IaaS and DRaaS solutions. But, we also have a partnership with a cloud provider that supports us every step of the way.”
This new customer announcement follows on from several recent key updates from iland including:
- Being named a Leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for DRaaS for the 2nd year in a row
- Achieving Zerto Cloud Partner of the Year for the 2nd year running,
- The launch of Secure Cloud Services from a new data centre location in the Netherlands
- An expansion of the iland channel program to help resellers and managed service providers take advantage of the burgeoning cloud services opportunity.
- Achievement of the Cloud Security Alliance STAR Gold Certification
To read the full Navigator Gas case study, go to: https://1111systems.com/knowledge-center/documents/case-studies/
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- iland Secure Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
- Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
- iland Secure Cloud IaaS
iland is a global cloud service provider of secure and compliant hosting for infrastructure (IaaS), disaster recovery (DRaaS), and backup as a service (BaaS). They are recognised by industry analysts as a leader in disaster recovery. The award-winning iland Secure Cloud Console natively combines deep layered security, predictive analytics and compliance to deliver unmatched visibility and ease of management for all of iland’s cloud services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas and London, UK, iland delivers cloud services from its data centres throughout the Americas, Europe, Australia and Asia. Learn more at iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #
iland Media Contact