Multi-national financial services company relies on iland’s DRaaS with advanced security to safeguard essential IT systems, achieve compliance and reduce costs by 40 percent
LONDON – 20th July, 2016 – iland, an award-winning enterprise cloud infrastructure provider, today announced that Bluestone Group is leveraging iland’s Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) with advanced security to ensure IT resiliency as it transitions to a ‘cloud-first’ strategy.
With offices in the UK, Ireland and Australasia, Bluestone is at the forefront of delivering innovative financial services to customers in a rapidly changing market that is subject to stringent compliance requirements. Facing aging infrastructure and expiring supplier contracts, the company is pushing toward a cloud-first IT strategy to stay ahead of evolving customer and regulatory demands. As part of the push, Bluestone turned to iland to implement a secure, cost-effective and reliable cloud-based IT disaster recovery solution.
The move not only reflects the growing trend toward DRaaS adoption, but also the increased focus on cloud security as companies aim to protect themselves against cyber threats, human error, natural disasters and other business threats while maintaining compliance. In a recent study conducted by Enterprise Management Associates on behalf of iland, 62 percent of the 669 IT decision makers and security experts surveyed reported they leverage Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service. On the whole, security and compliance features topped the list of priorities respondents consider when selecting a cloud provider.
“Our IT team runs lean and mean and we don’t want to build our own DR solution or hire a DR expert-–for us, that expert is iland,” said Krisztian Kenderesi, the head of Global IT Operations for Bluestone. “The iland DR solution reliably runs in the background. I know it works and I don’t have to worry about the infrastructure availability, compliance and security. Our usability and maintenance overhead for the iland DRaaS solution is basically zero—much less than the headaches of an on-premise DR solution.”
To assist in its search, Bluestone reached out to Behind Every Cloud (BEC), a specialised cloud consultancy group. BEC quickly identified several suitable DRaaS vendors, including iland, and performed a full evaluation and due diligence on each solution. The iland DRaaS solution scored strongly on all metrics in BEC’s Clover Cloud Vendor Rating index due to its cost-effectiveness, aggressive recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs), advanced security features, management capabilities and the ability to meet industry compliance requirements.
Choosing iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service with Zerto provides Bluestone with tangible business benefits that include:
- Avoid downtime and simplify DR management – Bluestone can quickly recover from any IT incident, achieving recovery time objectives measured in minutes and recovery point objectives measured in seconds. The intuitive iland cloud management console enables Bluestone to execute failovers and view and manage DR resources, delivering all performance, security and costing information within a single interface. Further, the Bluestone team can perform full, non-intrusive testing of the DR solution on demand with no impact on operations via the console.
- Protect customer data with integrated advanced security – In the event of a failover, Bluestone’s workloads are protected against emerging IT threats with the unmatched advanced security native to iland’s DRaaS offering. Features include antivirus and malware detection, vulnerability scanning, whole disk encryption, SSL-VPN, intrusion detection and prevention, event logging, deep packet inspection and other advanced capabilities. The Bluestone team also accesses on-demand security reports at the touch of a button through the iland management console.
- Simplified industry compliance – In addition to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, Bluestone must maintain the ISO 27001 standard which has clear requirements for considering security in a Disaster Recovery environment. “iland supports us with advanced security and compliance reporting that speeds up and simplifies our compliance processes,” said Kenderesi. Further, Bluestone has access to iland’s certified compliance professionals that can help interpret reports and develop plans, processes and strategies to address requirements.
- Reduce IT resiliency costs by 40 percent – With iland’s straightforward pricing model, Bluestone only pays for compute resources when it requires a failover. The company has achieved a reduction of 40 percent in the overall cost model of its DR solution.
Industry recognition underscores strength of services and commitment to customers
Customers, industry analysts and partners around the globe continue to validate iland’s proven DRaaS offering. Some recent accolades include:
- Leader in Gartner Inc.’s 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service”*
- 2016 Zerto Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year
- Cisco Powered Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) designation under the Cisco® Cloud and Managed Services Advanced Certification
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
- iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
- Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
With data centres in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers the only enterprise cloud solutions in the market today with true innovation, transparency, intelligent management and advanced security built in. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. iland has been recognised as Veeam’s Service Provider of the Year, North America and Zerto’s Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year, as well as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. iland is also part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS and partners with other industry leaders including Trend Micro, Hytrust and Nimble Storage. Visit iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Source: Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” by John Morency, Christine Tenneson, Ron Blair, June 16, 2016.
# # #
US Media Contact:
UK Media Contact:
C8 Consulting for iland
+44 1189 497736/+44 7894 339645